Privacy and Copyright Statement
I put this personal page on the web for myself, and for anyone else that may be interested. Enjoy. If you feel like it, let me know what you think. You can contact me at the contact address on the Home Page.
By the way, I use none of the following on my personal page
- Exploits to obtain private details from the myriad security flaws in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Windows
- Spoofs to obtain information on Microsoft Passport, including credit card and other sensitive data
- Java Scripts that identify any of my visitors' private details
- Frames (Internal, or to force you to browse other sites as a sub-frame of my site)
- Any of the logging tools available on the server where I host this page (explicitly disabled tools)
- Plug-ins of any sort
- 'Browser Specific' HTML coding of any sort
- Any other non-compliant deviations of the HTML Standards as set by the Internet Community
Help yourself and check out The Electronic Frontier Foundation's Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy , as most web sites do not follow the above guidelines
Copyright PolicyThis site meets all HTML 4.01 Transitional (1999/12/24) standards. All text and intellectual property used on this site is either my own opinion, or is used with permission from the authors and referenced appropriately. To the best of my knowledge, all graphics used herein are either in the public domain, or used with permission of the authors. (Most graphics are images provided by the web site to which they lead). If you can provide information to the contrary, or have any other concerns, please email me at the contact address on the Home Page I will remove the material in question immediately. Where possible, I will contact the author and investigate further, as appropriate.
Copyright and Legal Information regarding this siteThis site contains information, original material and essays that are protected by copyright laws, including instructions on how to obtain the permission to use copyrighted materials, information on the use and attribution of the text and general legal information. I maintain this Web site as a free service. I invite you to visit frequently to browse through my pages and download and copy materials for your personal use, subject to the restrictions outlined below.
Permission to use my original documents (such as white papers, and essays) from this Web Site is granted, provided that
You are welcome to provide a reciprocal link from your web site, subject to the conditions listed below
- The copyright notice: © 2021 Marc Collins appears in all copies and that both the copyright notice and this permission notice appear,
- Use of such Documents is for informational and non-commercial, or personal use only, and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and
- No modifications of any Documents are made. Use for any other purpose is expressly prohibited by law, and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the this website or any other Web site I own, control or administer.
Link policy for this siteA lot of people ask if they can provide a link to one or more of the pages on this site. I appreciate the compliment. Please link to this site using normal links (<a href="http://gyges.org... ">) as you wish.
You may not:
- Modify the contents of the pages linked to in any way, without permission.
- Make the impression that the this site is part of your own website, through the use of Frames or any such web technology.
- Make the impression that your website is a part of this site (by using the logo or use text such that the viewer would get such a impression).
- Send any unsolicited mail (SPAM/ mail to people who have not signed up to a mailing list) which includes the address of any resources on this site.
No Warranties and Limitation of LiabilityInformation and documents provided on this Web site are provided 'as is' without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. I use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Web site; I does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. The documents and related graphics published on this Web Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
I frequently add, change, improve, or update the information and documents on this Web site without notice. I assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of my Web site. Your use of this Web site is at your own risk. Under no circumstances and under no legal theory shall I, or any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Web site's contents be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising from your access to, or use of, this Web site.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Notices Regarding Software, Documents And Services Available On This WebsiteIn no event shall I be liable for any special, direct, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available from this web site. Special Warning to would-be script kiddies (who fancy themselves hackers): Some of the resources on this site are powerful, but morally neutral in themselves. Used wisely, they increase privacy and security on the internet while fostering trust. In addition to potentially breaking Canadian and international law, people who attempt to use these tools in a disruptive or harmful manner are breaking the most fundamental rules of Hacktivism (computer-based activism): Look but cause no damage, warn the site's administrator before going public with findings, and use hacking skills to learn and educate, not for personal gain or to humiliate others.
Links To Third Party SitesThe external links on this web site will bring you outside of my site. The linked sites are not under my control and I am not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. I am providing these links only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by me of the site.
TrademarksProduct and company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Having said all that, thank you very much for visiting
This file last modified: 2006/10/22
The current date is: 2021/01/22 19:22
© 1996-2021 Marc Collins
Your IP is: 18.104.22.168